For hundreds of years, Ethiopia has provided some of the world's best reviewed single origin premium coffee beans. In general, Ethiopian coffees are best known for their complexity with a pungent, winey quality and a distinct wildness in their acidity.
- Altitude Range: 1,500 – 2,200 meters above sea level
- Language Spoken: Amharic
- Harvest: November – February
- Annual Coffee Production: 6,600,000 bags (2013)
- Common Varieties: Arabica, native heirloom varieties
- Avg Farm Size: In general, small plantations